Grow Your Own Teacher
Pathways to Success has partnered with the Rodel Foundation and Educators Rising to develop and facilitate a Grow Your Own (GYO) Educator Preparation Program. Through this program:
- We recognize the need for more student-centered educators who value and honor student identity.
- We work to prepare the next generation of educators through an equity lens to disrupt inequitable outcomes.
- We prioritize the diversification of our teacher workforce by intentionally working to increase the racial and linguistic diversity of our teacher population.
'Grow Your Own' fosters a generation of Changemakers in Education:
- We center student voice; we use it to lead for institutional and systemic change by engaging in problem-based learning.
- We offer a socially just and culturally responsive educator prep curriculum.
- We revise and co-design the curriculum based on student needs and recommendations.
- We imagine what teaching and classrooms could be versus what they have been and we build skill sets to inspire these spaces.
- We name inequities, explore the whys behind them and work to change them so that EVERY learner has access to culturally competent, joyous, rigorous classroom communities.
As Changemakers we value:
- Self-Reflection and Vulnerability
- Courageous Conversations
- Community & Liberation
- Commitment to Change through Action
- Servant Leadership
Additional aspects of this program give students the opportunity to:
- Visit colleges and universities both in and out of the state of Delaware.
- Meet and learn from college students who are pursuing a degree education.
- Attend leadership trainings with an opportunity to participate in panel discussions and give presentations.
- Co-design curriculum to be used in other community based organizations.
- Compete in local, state and national CTSO Educators Rising events.
Interested in learning more our Educator Preparation Program? Contact email@example.com or call the Pathways to Success office at (302) 858-4861.