Pathways to Success mission is to prepare youth, adults, and their families for successful lives. We utilize innovative and creative approaches in mentoring and education to help individuals develop to be healthy, productive, contributing and responsible citizens. Working in service to the at-risk communities in a spirit of offering hope through empowerment, education and information: We will also be a catalyst to assist in the elimination of housing discrimination.
The PTS vision is comprised of five statements as follows:
- To be conduits for positive change in the lives of at-risk youth and their families, through education, information, and empowerment.
- To be instrumental in closing the education achievement gap, decrease the dropout rate and assist at – risk youth in formulating positive, achievable life plans.
- To be the voice of the under-served communities until such time as they find their voice – as an advocate for community revitalization and transformation.
- To be a symbol of hope for at-risk youth through coaching, mentoring and raising community awareness
- To be a link connecting the business community with the potential and talents of at-risk youth creating positive ways to obtain income stability.
PTS values are woven into the fabric of our daily interactions with the individuals that we serve to include our students, parents, community and faith-based leaders, our funding sources, and each other.
- We believe in second chances.
- We believe that the possibilities are endless for individuals who have a good attitude and hard work ethic.
- We believe that honesty and integrity are solid foundations for good character and should be demonstrated to those that we serve.
- We believe that diversity is one of the greatest gifts we have and that everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, gender, national origin, creed, religious beliefs or not, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical abilities and or inabilities.
- We believe that we owe it to the at-risk youth we serve, our communities, our board of directors and ourselves to pursue continuous improvement in our organization.
- We believe that good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us is our duty and responsibility.